One thing is agreeable across the board - 2022 was a rollercoaster. As HR professionals, dealing with the hurdles that have been thrown at us has been utterly exhausting, from navigating remote work policies to recession-proofing their department budget. Now that we’re entering uncharted territory, with the labor market changing on an almost daily basis, the need for HR support only increases.
Download the 2023 HR Compliance Calendar
Some of us have gotten really creative online, making memes that perfectly encapsulate what we’re all feeling. These memes definitely gave us a great laugh and now we’re trying to share the laughter with you! Enjoy!
At least no one was ghosted, right?
Which one is you today?
Submitted by Jarir Mallah, HR Specialist at Ling App
And under "other relevant skills" you wrote...
When you can't turn off the HR in you
Honestly, only 17 tabs is pretty tame
Theres a meme from The Office for everything
Submitted by Anthony Martin, Founder and CEO at Choice Mutual
We all have these days!
It's been a tough year for all of us
Logan Mallory, Vice President of Marketing at Motivosity
You did say you wanted candidates who value transparency
🎶 It's the most wonderful time of the year 🎶
There are definitely downsides to being the office comedian
...Like, a lot of downsides...
The mask might have been a bit much...
Ok, some of these are too real 😢
Who ya gonna call?
Submitted by Desiree Echevarria at CareerPlug
Has this ever worked for anyone?🍕🥳
Ok, but what was Chandler's job?!
Some people just can't take honest feedback
We 💚 you just the way you are
The dangerous lives of HR professionals
We predict a lot more memes like this in the near future
You might need to revisit how you sell your company culture
Submitted by Agata Szczepanek, Community Manager at LiveCareer
How bad can 2023 really be... right? RIGHT?!
Our Favorite HR Memes of 2021
1. When new legislation gets passed… again. The American Rescue Plan? W-2 updates?
2. “Guys! We’re working in-person again!”
3. The ultimate test of patience… Thank goodness for HR software!
4. We all hit that breaking point
5. We’ve been isolated.. Our social meters are down to zero…. WHY?
6. Staying a safe distance away
7. When you’ve received this line one too many times
8. Having a nice day can be a big ask: Just have day
9. “Finally 2020 is over! Now we can go back to normal!” SIKE
11. Easy peasy
12. “I just sit back and observe”
13. When the policy changes you’ve been suggesting are finally approved
14. And somehow, being the superheroes we are, we manage to get it done
15. When I say we're work besties, I mean work BESTIES
16. Choosing peace instead of violence today
Our Favorite Memes that Perfectly Summed Up 2020 for HR Pros
One of the few upsides that emerged from the chaos of 2020 was the flood of hilarious memes on our social feeds. We all needed a little laughter during such a difficult year, so we've compiled a few of our favorite memes that sum up our feelings for 2020.
Trying to navigate COVID-19 policies
What you said on your resume vs. the reality of this year
Trying to keep productivity up while working from home
When we were asked to do more with less
Holding back from saying how we really feel
Pretending it was business as usual
The main feeling of the year 💤
Thinking we've almost made it to the end of the year
And then this happened
Managing open enrollment during a pandemic
Having benefits on the mind
Picturing what the future could look like
... but going cautiously into the new year
See our top-rated onboarding solution in action