Guest Posting on the GoCo Blog
We are currently accepting applications to contribute thought leadership content to the GoCo blog. Our blog attracts over 50,000 visitors per month, and is a trusted resource to the HR community. If you would like to submit a guest post for consideration, please review the guidelines and submit the form below. You can expect to hear from us within 7-10 business days with our decision.
By partnering, we are showcasing your writing and your brand as a trustworthy source for information.
Thank you for contributing to GoCo!
List of Topics to Contribute
In general, we will consider HR-related topics only, including themes around:
- Employee Onboarding
- Remote Work
- HR Tips
- Benefits Administration/Open Enrollment
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Mental Health
- COVID-19 & HR/Return-to-Work
- Hiring & Retention
- HR Compliance
- SMB trends in HR
- HR Pain Points
- DEI Related Topics
- Talent Management
While brainstorming topics, please ensure that:
- Your topic is relevant to GoCo and the HR industry. We only accept guest posts that are aimed at helping HR professionals navigate their jobs.
- Your piece offers tangible solutions without promoting a product for purchase.
- You are qualified to write on the topic.
- You’re able to bring new ideas to the table.
- You will not repurpose previous content for our site.
If you are unsure or have specific questions, please email email@example.com
Guest Content Writing Tips
As a modern HR software company, our main goal is to educate, assist, and engage HR managers and HR team members. We do not accept guest posts that are extremely product-focused or promotional, for the sake of our audience. Our audience places a large amount of trust on us, and we are responsible for only publishing content that is truly in their best interests.
Our blog should serve as a platform for you to showcase your expertise on HR related topics. If users find your content helpful and impactful, they will research you on their own.
- Content should be 1000+ words. We appreciate longer form content between 1000-2500 words, and we find this length to be most engaging for our audience.
- Content should be digestible. Just as you likely don’t read long chunks of content, our users also don’t. The more you can break up your content to include helpful headings, bullets, and numbers, the more likely the content will be read.
- Write in a conversational tone. The GoCo voice is casual and conversational, while still being helpful and informative. Our content is made for real humans, so your tone should reflect that, and not be robotic.
- Only contribute original content. At GoCo, we do not accept ANY forms of repurposed, plagiarized, or duplicate content to publish. If you are using other pieces of content as resources, be sure to link to it. If the content is anywhere else on the Internet, we will not accept it.
- Hyperlink to your original sources. Give credit where it’s due and link to any sources or people you may be using for HR data points or knowledge.
- Offer actionable suggestions. Though we like to educate HR managers on general topics, your content piece should have actionable takeaways and suggestions. I.e. If you’re covering future trends, you should have suggestions on how to tackle the trends. If a new piece of legislation has passed, you should have guidance on what HR should do with this information.
- Statistics. Data points and statistics give our brand and our content more credibility. We encourage the use of statistics IF the source is credible and verifiable.
- Outbound links to authoritative sites. Similar to statistics, if you are using a credible and authoritative source, make sure you are placing links where it is helpful for users.
Guest Post Logistics
- Send us your ideas for post topics in the form below. Please do not send us fully written pieces until we have discussed and approved this.
If we’ve approved your topics, reviewed your draft, and published the post, feel free to share the post on your social media platforms, newsletters, or blogs. Please refrain from copying or reusing any of the content elsewhere once the post is live.
*If you have any questions or need clarification on our guest post guidelines, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.